Serving Tanglewood, West University, the Memorial Villages, Bellaire and River Oaks, Exterior Worlds provides high-quality yard maintenance for upscale residences. We believe that yard maintenance is not merely something to be relegated to the lowest bidder. Instead, we think it is foundational to your landscape design.
Our client profile is the homeowner who understands that dollars invested in landscaping—both plant materials and hardscapes—improve the value of the home, usually the single largest asset of the individual. They find worth in hiring professional landscapers such as Exterior Worlds because we provide all the fundamental landscaping services, such as yard maintenance, plus pay meticulous attention to the finer points. When it comes time for our clients to sell their home, they have a distinctive and memorable property to put on the market. And, in the meantime, they’ve enjoyed a lush, luxurious landscape.
At Exterior Worlds, a broad definition of yard maintenance includes items such as:
- Regular mowing and trimming. We recommend mowing and trimming weekly March through October and bi-weekly from November through February.
- Chemical treatments. Feeding, fertilization and chemical treatments make for vigorous plants and prevent infestations and diseases common to the Houston area.
- Garden services such as: rose maintenance, dead-heading flowers, expert pruning and training vines.
- Professional mulch installation and turning over of mulch.
- Inspection of your drainage system. Proper yard drainage is essential for Houston lawn care as it transports water off your property in a timely manner, thus promoting healthy grass and allowing your maintenance crew to perform its regular lawn care service duties.
- Inspection of your irrigation system. A fully functioning irrigation system requires ongoing maintenance since the system is both mechanical and electronic. We also monitor the best times and days to water, which change depending on the season and the weather.
- Yard Aeration. This practice is integral to proper lawn care and provides benefits, such as increasing the activity of microorganisms that promote de-thatching, improving water infiltration which helps with drainage and reduces harmful fungi, and increasing the earth worm population.
- Landscape lighting—design, install, repair and maintenance.
- Tree preservation and tree protection. This service is critical during any construction project and continues to be important on an ongoing basis.
- Custom swimming pools—design, installation and maintenance. This expected amenity for the high-end home provides hours of pleasure when designed specifically for you and when maintained with accurate care by professionals.
- Outdoor kitchens, pavilions and outdoor rooms—design, build and maintain. These outdoor spaces expand your living area and allow you to take full advantage of our temperate winter months.
- Garden structures—garden arches, garden arbors, trellises and garden gazebos.
- Outdoor water fountains—installation, repair and maintenance. Our custom designs address the common problem of over-spraying, which is water bouncing out of the fountain onto hard surfaces, thus creating slippery walkways.
- Hardscapes—maintain and repair elements in your landscape design, such as driveways and courtyards, outdoor fireplaces, patios, retaining walls and pathways.
- Fencing and gates—installation, repair and maintenance, including painting fences and gates and the repair of automatic gates.